Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One more week of CTM


Mais uma semana!!
 
Happy Birthday Carsten! I sent a card last week, but I don't know how long it will take to get there (probably about 3 weeks).
 
On monday we went out into the streets of Sao Paulo in Casa Verde (near the CTM) to preach the gospel and practice talking to people on the street. We talked with about a dozen people in the course of our three hours and passed out 8 copies of the Book of Mormon to different people we talked with. We had some pretty incredible experiences talking, and were able to say everything that we needed to in Portuguese. I'm certainly not fluent, but I can say anything I want to, I just have to talk around a little bit to get there. It's awesome. And I understood everyone we talked to nearly perfectly except for the few drunk people we ran into... but our Brazilian roommates said noone can understand them, so not to feel bad. In one week it will be 100% Portuguese whether I like it or not :) But I will like it!
 
I found a good present for the family, but you'll have to wait till Christmas to open it :)
 
I love you all. Happy Thanksgiving. This year I am grateful for a family who supports me so much and for the opportunity to serve the Lord as His representative in Brazil.
 
Elder Conner House

No comments:

Post a Comment